Proverbs 17:28 ESV
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
Secure people willingly take part in vibrant conversations looking to learn something from another. One exchanges ideas for enrichment, instructions, and possible learning experiences. What are the characteristics of secure individuals? Well for me it is:
1. The person is willing to ask questions.
2. The person takes an interest in what another person shares.
3. The exchange of ideas is not frightening to the other person
4. They will hear the other person out completely without being confrontational
5. Sometimes they are just good listeners leaving out their story so that they can hear another person’s story.
6. A secure person is not out to prove to someone else how much they know.
Hats off to my friend Dr. Ramona Bledsoe, we have been friends for years. Her budding career has caused a drop in our visits; however, we still touch base frequently by phone. I can share information with her, and she will stay in my story, and that is a good feeling. Sometimes we just need a good listener.